Skip to main content

New ask Hacker News story: Ask HN: For your side-projects, how do you avoid the 'money' question?

Ask HN: For your side-projects, how do you avoid the 'money' question?
4 by sh87 | 3 comments on Hacker News.
I've been working on side projects for the past 3-4 years on whatever caught my fancy and have thoroughly enjoyed experience and the rabbit holes some of them have led me into. I like it and I feel I'm at a point where I want to get more people involved in side projects. But, any discussion about these projects with (nearly) anyone ends with 'How will you make money'. I don't have a way to avoid or answer that question without losing people's interest. I'm curious about how others handle that one. To be clear, I do not work on side projects for money. Neither do I intend to. Thats what my day job is for. I just want to involve more minds interested in similar things that I'm racking my head against.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do Supermodels Age, or Just Get Airbrushed?

By Vanessa Friedman via NYT Style https://ift.tt/FygKCLW

FOX NEWS: Biden and Trump campaign hard in the final sprint

"Biden and Trump campaign hard in the final sprint" via FOX NEWS https://ift.tt/3oMYFNN